So I'm finally down to doing my little stint in the Land Down Under. Thank God for reruns of old favourites as in-flight movies. It's not so easy to mope your eyes out while watching Legally Blonde and The Incredibles in succession. :)
I didn't, however, get much sleep either. Just little naps here and there. I sat next to an old couple coming home after what seemed to be a happy second honeymoon in Thailand. They very nicely pointed out to me that border security can get nasty about the food they catch you "smuggling" in which meant me bidding goodbye to the little chocolate chip muffin I couldn't quite stomach for breakfast.
Even in an old, quaint looking red brick house, it's a little freezy cause I got here just in time to enjoy the end of winter. As always with me and cold-ish places, showers are a pain and it feels like I may have packed the wrong clothes for this place.
Oh well.. mayhaps it opens the way for additional members to my closet family. xD That's quite unlikely, though as I suddenly recall my mother mentioning my supply of winter clothes being the most impressive in the family. *blush*
And as at the end of the day I sit here in my pink sleeping-bunny slippers after having my first skype-date with K, the events of the past 24 hours sink in. I'm actually here now. Everyone really did bid me goodbye at the airport (tearfully, or not) and all the 'preparations' of the past six months has really come to naught. Or at least it feels that way. The physical evidence of said 'preparations' such as the two books of finally processed photos on my desk speaks otherwise. I will be heavily leaning on those books the coming months I believe.


|